Alas de Agua and our ever-evolving community of artists offer free art workshops based on our interests. We invite anyone with a passion or skill to share to come teach a workshop, and we can help you plan it if you need support. We also encourage all who take workshops at Alas to display their amazing work at group art shows in our space.
- 4/13/22 5:30pm – Block Printmaking with Mary Ann Maestas – Come and learn the basics of linoleum block printing. It is one of the simplest forms of block printing. We will provide tools for folks to use and everyone will be able to make their own design and print it on a card or paper. Feel free to come with a design in mind or some sketches.
- 4/20/22 5:30pm – Art Therapy Workshop with Isabel Ribe – Explore the healing power of Expressive Arts and learn what happens when you connect to your authentic creativity. in this workshop we will learn techniques to develop your creative practice towards self expression, insight and transformation.
Just show up! Everyone is welcome, and we center teens, BIPOC, and queer folks. No art background is needed.
All workshops are free and take place on Wednesdays at our studio at 1520 Center Drive, off Airport Road, in Santa Fe. No pre-registration required.
Past Workshop Topics
- Mural design
- Poetry writing and manuscript development
- Drawing in perspective
- How to photograph and reproduce your art
- Screen printing
- Portrait drawing
- Altar making
- Writing on race and racism
- Art and Healing by and for the LGBTQIA2+ community
- Color theory in painting
- The poetry of sound recording
- How to make a chapbook or zine
- Mural design with sacred geometry
- How to film on your phone
Many of the artists in the collective are available to hire to bring workshops to your school, group, or event. See our artists page for more info.